Sunday, February 15, 2009

Client Visit

I thought this client visit was very interesting! Its good to know that Redfern really cares about the health of staff and students and wants to do something to improve everyone’s well being. I think its great that it incorporates the wellness of the people on campus and our campus itself. Its important that all aspects of “health” are covered and I think this program will certainly do so. First off, I think its very important to make everyone aware of the program. I also think its necessary that students take charge and pass on the word – I think it will be the most effective approach. Posters and signs around campus along with emails and such would be a great start. I really like the idea of making a website linked through Clemson with all kinds of things from exercise & health advice/tips to ways to keep our environment safe – something like a virtual magazine. It would also be valuable to include things like nutrition and environmental facts that are often ignored or missed to open more eyes to the importance of a healthy lifestyle in many ways. So far, our group has worked very well together. We communicate well and have each shared our ideas and will soon choose a specific direction for the project. I am excited to be a part of implementing this plan. The only thing I’m a little unsure of is the criteria of the project…are we just choosing a direction to take the Healthy Campus Initiative (like creating a website) and creating objectives and a plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment